POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Obtaining Depth-map using POVRay 3.7 Server Time
16 Jun 2024 08:53:31 EDT (-0400)
  Obtaining Depth-map using POVRay 3.7 (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: handos
Subject: Obtaining Depth-map using POVRay 3.7
Date: 4 Jul 2011 12:35:00
Message: <web.4e11eb5c15d43740d7ae32040@news.povray.org>
Hi everyone,

I have been using POVRay and Megapov for rendering images and obtaining depth
maps using Megapov's post-processing tool available here at
http://megapov.inetart.net/manual-1.2.1/global_settings.html#post_processing.
I'm rendering the publicly available office room scene from Jaime's website
http://www.ignorancia.org/en/index.php?page=The_office.

However, my main problem is that it takes almost 2.5 hours to render the scene
using POVRay 3.6. I'm having to use MegaPOV for only depth and MegaPOV is not
available linked with POVRay 3.7 which is parallelisable (where my scene is
rendered in couple of minutes). I would like to use the benefits of POVRay 3.7
but I don't know how difficult is it to obtain depth map using POVRay 3.7. If
anyone has ever tried obtaining depth maps using POVRay 3.7 for such complicated
scenes like this, I'd be very grateful to have your feedback and suggestions on
that!

Kind Regards,
Ankur Handa

Post a reply to this message