POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Frustration!! Server Time
29 Jun 2024 01:58:03 EDT (-0400)
  Frustration!! (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Lioness
Subject: Frustration!!
Date: 15 Aug 2009 09:30:00
Message: <web.4a86b6d0c3f6caf95a751fb0@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

I have a smal problem and I hope you can help me .... I have been working with
Pov-Ray since version 1, never had any problems doing what I wanted to do, but
this one is doing my head in!

Why is the following not working? Pov-Ray throws a massive wobbler when I try to
run this code. It's probably something really stupid, but I can't see what the
problem is ....

#declare Image1 = function{pigment{image_map{jpeg "scene100.jpg"
             interpolate 2 once } translate<-0.5,-0.5,0> scale 6}}
#declare Image2 = function{pigment{image_map{jpeg "sand1b.jpg"
             interpolate 2 once }translate<-0.5,-0.5,0> scale 6}}

#declare Val1 = function{Image1(x,y,z).gray}
#declare Val2 = function{Image2(x,y,z).gray}

#declare OverlayRed =
pigment
{
    #if(Val1 > Val2)
       function{(1-Image1(x,y,z).red)*(1-Image2(x,y,z).red)/1}
                 colour_map{[0 rgb 0][1 rgb <2,0,0> ]}
    #else
      function{(Image1(x,y,z).red)*Image2(x,y,z).red)/1}
                 colour_map{[0 rgb 0][1 rgb <2,0,0>] }
    #end
}

Everything works fine until I put the if-then-else thing in ...

I hope you can help. Thanks in advance!

Caz

Post a reply to this message

"Lioness" <cat### [at] livecouk> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I have a smal problem and I hope you can help me ....
>  ... snip ...
> #declare Val1 = function{Image1(x,y,z).gray}
> #declare Val2 = function{Image2(x,y,z).gray}
>
>  ... snip ...
>
>    #if(Val1 > Val2)
>       function{(1-Image1(x,y,z).red)*(1-Image2(x,y,z).red)/1}
>
>  ... snip ...
>
> Everything works fine until I put the if-then-else thing in ...

The problem is that your #if statement is comparing two function
definitions. Instead you need to compare the results of evaluating the two
functions.
I suspect you probably meant to write something like:

#declare Val1 = Image1(x,y,z).gray;
#declare Val2 = Image2(x,y,z).gray;

Regards,
Chris B.