POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : wrapping height-field around a complex shape Server Time
1 Jul 2024 05:39:01 EDT (-0400)
  wrapping height-field around a complex shape (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: aelgoa
Subject: wrapping height-field around a complex shape
Date: 3 Feb 2009 04:45:00
Message: <web.498811b6f0bf7a9c626c89e40@news.povray.org>
i'm trying to wrap several dozens of height-fields around a curved shape
(similar to an S-shape)

how would i go about this?
do i use a spline or an iso-surface? and how do i correct the orientation?

the result should look as if the shape has an irregular "skin" or "hair"
covering the entire (cylindrical) surface

thank you in advance

Post a reply to this message