POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Colefax Spline Macro Server Time
3 Jul 2024 05:42:08 EDT (-0400)
  Colefax Spline Macro (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Russell Towle
Subject: Colefax Spline Macro
Date: 20 Mar 2008 11:00:01
Message: <web.47e289096402f3c9713ab470@news.povray.org>
I've been using Chris Colefax's wonderful spline macro.

However, I have a problem. When I try to fill the array of values using a #while
loop, a parse error is generated, "Insufficent number of initializers." Here is
what I am doing:

#declare N = 5;  #declare J = 1;
#declare MyPath = create_spline (
array[ N ]{
 #while( J<=5)
 <cos(2*pi*J/N), 1, sin(2*pi*J/N)>
 #declare J = J + 1;
 #end
},
spline_loop (no) + spline_tension (-1) + spline_sampling (2) +  spline_scale (5)
)

Why the error? How can I use a #while loop to make the values needed by
create_spline?

Thanks.

Post a reply to this message