POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : 2 mesh2 questions Server Time
3 Jul 2024 06:15:33 EDT (-0400)
  2 mesh2 questions (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: gregjohn
Subject: 2 mesh2 questions
Date: 19 Oct 2007 12:30:00
Message: <web.4718db2cffbedce140d56c170@news.povray.org>
http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/68/

1) I'm trying to wrap my head around the concept of a UV mesh.  Could
someone help me by explaining what they mean when they wrote things like,
"/*as 8*/ /*as 0*/  /*as 2*/" in the doc?

2) I've got a macro where I sweep my own mesh2.  I have a strategy question
about computing power.  Right now the macro does not compute normals, but
the macro allows one to set any triangle size.  Which of the two options
would be the best overall approach, as far providing pretty, smooth-looking
meshes as a function of rendering time with long-term use of a macro?

i) Going to the trouble of calculating the normal for every triangle?
ii) Just using a sub-pixel triangle size?

tia.

Post a reply to this message