POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Rendering catadioptric (lens + mirror) systems Server Time
5 Jul 2024 15:14:06 EDT (-0400)
  Rendering catadioptric (lens + mirror) systems (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: srahul
Subject: Rendering catadioptric (lens + mirror) systems
Date: 22 Jun 2007 09:15:02
Message: <web.467bca8347917a544dd82dd10@news.povray.org>
I need to render the image acquired by focussing a camera (perspective) at a
curved mirror (spherical and other shapes).

the question is:

1/ How do I set up the exact objective focal distance (not focal length) of
the camera to focus at a specific plane depth.
2/ How do I specify the depth of field so as to control how much of the
scene is in focus.

quick help will be highly appreciated.

Rahul
-

Post a reply to this message

> I need to render the image acquired by focussing a camera (perspective) at a
> curved mirror (spherical and other shapes).
>
> the question is:
>
> 1/ How do I set up the exact objective focal distance (not focal length) of
> the camera to focus at a specific plane depth.

The Pov-Ray camera is a pin hole camera so it is in focus at all distances.

> 2/ How do I specify the depth of field so as to control how much of the
> scene is in focus.

POV-Ray can simulate focal depth-of-field by shooting a number of sample
rays from jittered points within each pixel and averaging the results.
Help - 3.3.1.3  Focal Blur

Stephen

Post a reply to this message

Can you suggest a way for me to then achieve this kind of synthetic imagery?
If not using PovRay, is there another option?

Also, can the depth of field be "simulated" for  given object distance
focus?

Post a reply to this message