POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Media artifacts, help needed! Server Time
6 Oct 2024 13:40:50 EDT (-0400)
  Media artifacts, help needed! (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: Kenneth
Subject: Re: Media artifacts, help needed!
Date: 26 Oct 2006 01:30:00
Message: <web.454047265e9182af870dc4da0@news.povray.org>
"Random Pete" <pet### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> I'm working on a design which has a number of media-filled objects (using
> emission to produce glowing effects around other solid objects). Very often
> where 2 objects overlap in the camera view, occasonal bright white pixels
> appear on the objects...

If you're using spotlights in your scene, there seems to be a bug with
media-filled objects when using spotlights (and cylinder lights).  I only
recently came across this problem, and posted a discussion about it...

http://news.povray.org/povray.general/thread/%3Cweb.45125ba9d84b4b77cc29cf380%40news.povray.org%3E/

The only solution that I found was to turn off media_interaction in the
lights (which in your case would be OK, since you're using emission media.)
Perhaps this will help?

Ken W.

Post a reply to this message

Kenneth nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 26/10/2006 01:27:
> "Random Pete" <pet### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> I'm working on a design which has a number of media-filled objects (using
>> emission to produce glowing effects around other solid objects). Very often
>> where 2 objects overlap in the camera view, occasonal bright white pixels
>> appear on the objects...

> If you're using spotlights in your scene, there seems to be a bug with
> media-filled objects when using spotlights (and cylinder lights).  I only
> recently came across this problem, and posted a discussion about it...

http://news.povray.org/povray.general/thread/%3Cweb.45125ba9d84b4b77cc29cf380%40news.povray.org%3E/

> The only solution that I found was to turn off media_interaction in the
> lights (which in your case would be OK, since you're using emission media.)
> Perhaps this will help?

> Ken W.

Another solution: use a regular or parallel light and a mask. The mask is a
simple box with a hole punched trough with a cylinder.

--
Alain
"Sure, everyone's in favor of saving Hitler's brain, but when you put it into