POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Advanced metals libraries needed Server Time
6 Oct 2024 17:21:50 EDT (-0400)
  Advanced metals libraries needed (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: Marvin
Subject: Re: Advanced metals libraries needed
Date: 14 Jul 2006 04:10:01
Message: <web.44b750c180c9f0e3f8cf8140@news.povray.org>
Mike Williams <nos### [at] econymdemoncouk> wrote:
> Wasn't it Marvin who wrote:
> >
> >Hi, Tim, sorry to have to say this - but after checking rotation, I seem to
> >have trouble with the fact that my rotor rotates, but texture is not
> >rotating with it, ...
> >
> >Is there a sulution to this?
> >Am I doing something ver wrong?
>
> If you write
>
> object{Rotor
>   texture {MyTexture}
>   rotate {z*180*clock}
> }
>
> Then the texture should rotate with the Rotor, but if you write
>
> object{Rotor
>   rotate {z*180*clock}
>   texture {MyTexture}
> }
>
> Then the Rotor should rotate but the texture should not rotate with it.

Mike, you are certainly right. Thx a lot. Now the texture is rotating with
rotor and the only problem are flickers on texture, even though I turned
off jitter for the purpose of animation? (Please see)

http://magrf.grf.hr/~mtodorov/tesla/ind-640x480-blk2.gif

Actually, I tried that myself as I had a hunch, but I edited the change in
wrong source file :-P

Thanks again,
Marv

Post a reply to this message

Marvin nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 14/07/2006 04:07:
> Mike Williams <nos### [at] econymdemoncouk> wrote:
>> Wasn't it Marvin who wrote:

>> If you write

>> object{Rotor
>>   texture {MyTexture}
>>   rotate {z*180*clock}
>> }

>> Then the texture should rotate with the Rotor, but if you write

>> object{Rotor
>>   rotate {z*180*clock}
>>   texture {MyTexture}
>> }

>> Then the Rotor should rotate but the texture should not rotate with it.

> Mike, you are certainly right. Thx a lot. Now the texture is rotating with
> rotor and the only problem are flickers on texture, even though I turned
> off jitter for the purpose of animation? (Please see)

> http://magrf.grf.hr/~mtodorov/tesla/ind-640x480-blk2.gif

> Actually, I tried that myself as I had a hunch, but I edited the change in
> wrong source file :-P

> Thanks again,
> Marv
The texture have a very small grain. This cause it to have sub-pixel details, and when
rendering the
animation, one frame will see some details while missing others. The next frame may
catch some of
the missed details and miss some that where shown on the previous frame.
Some possible solutions:
1 - scale the texture up so that you get less, or no, sub-pixel details. (fast)
2 - use some extreme AA settings, like +aa 0.0. (slow)
3 - edit the texture colour_map to broaden it's peak values. (fast)

--
Alain
Methodist: It's not so bad if shit happens, as long as you serve grape juice with it.