POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Stop rendering using a break statement Server Time
16 May 2024 00:31:47 EDT (-0400)
  Stop rendering using a break statement (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Re: Stop rendering using a break statement
Date: 9 Feb 2015 15:01:23
Message: <54d91213$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/9/2015 3:23 AM, Le_Forgeron wrote:
> Le 09/02/2015 01:31, Mike Horvath a écrit :
>>
>> No. For example I may want frames 1-3 and 5-6 parsed and rendered, but
>> not frame 4. Your suggestion doesn't work in this case.
>
> If frame 4 has already a output file, I wonder if the -C (or is it +C ?
> I know they are opposite of each other, but cannot remember which one
> would try to look if the output image already exist and is complete)
> option would not skip the render of it when detecting that it is already
> complete ?

If frame 4 exists most likely the others will as well. I tend to
accumulate renders and not delete them for years at a time.

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Horvath
Date: 9 Feb 2015 15:02:35
Message: <54d9125b$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/9/2015 3:14 AM, scott wrote:
>> No. For example I may want frames 1-3 and 5-6 parsed and rendered, but
>> not frame 4. Your suggestion doesn't work in this case.
>
> Do you not want frame 4 rendered to save time, or because you physically
> don't want the file to be created?
>
> If you want to save time, but don't mind the file being there, then just
> let it render an empty scene with no objects for the frames you don't
> want, it will only add a fraction of a second.
>
> It should be easy if you could render another .pov file, and put
> something like this in it:
>
> #if(frame_number<>4) // or whatever condition
>   #include "mainPOVscene.pov"
> #end

I'm sure there's a workaround for every example I can come up with. A
break statement would just be a lot simpler and easier.

Post a reply to this message