POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : How to deal with the sun in LightSys Server Time
26 Jun 2024 08:16:36 EDT (-0400)
  How to deal with the sun in LightSys (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: SharkD
Subject: How to deal with the sun in LightSys
Date: 28 Jun 2010 17:47:43
Message: <4c29187f$1@news.povray.org>
How do you deal with the sun in LightSys? It takes two parameters: color
temperature and lumens. There's a shortcut for the sun's color
temperature, but not for the sun's lumens. Further, unless you are
modeling at astronomical scales, you're going to have to adjust the
lumens for distance.

According to Answers.com (and assuming they're correct) the sun's power
in lumens is 3.75x10^28. Let's say I am modeling the sun at 1/100 scale.
How would I calculate the new value for lumens?

--
http://isometricland.com

Post a reply to this message