POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : How to deal with the sun in LightSys : How to deal with the sun in LightSys Server Time
28 Sep 2024 18:54:37 EDT (-0400)
  How to deal with the sun in LightSys
From: SharkD
Date: 28 Jun 2010 17:47:43
Message: <4c29187f$1@news.povray.org>
How do you deal with the sun in LightSys? It takes two parameters: color
temperature and lumens. There's a shortcut for the sun's color
temperature, but not for the sun's lumens. Further, unless you are
modeling at astronomical scales, you're going to have to adjust the
lumens for distance.

According to Answers.com (and assuming they're correct) the sun's power
in lumens is 3.75x10^28. Let's say I am modeling the sun at 1/100 scale.
How would I calculate the new value for lumens?

--
http://isometricland.com