POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Master units variable? Server Time
26 Jun 2024 08:22:21 EDT (-0400)
  Master units variable? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: SharkD
Subject: Master units variable?
Date: 10 Jun 2010 23:36:51
Message: <4c11af53$1@news.povray.org>
IMO, the sample scenes and include files that come with Povray should be
refactored to use the same basic units such that an interior statement
in glass.inc works properly in the sample radiosity.pov file.

In fact it might be good to have a system variable that works like
#version to control a scene's units. That way if two people each create
a scene then the two scenes will be "compatible" with each other as long
as people make use of the variable.

Any thoughts?

--
http://isometricland.com

Post a reply to this message

> IMO, the sample scenes and include files that come with Povray should be
> refactored to use the same basic units such that an interior statement
> in glass.inc works properly in the sample radiosity.pov file.
>
> In fact it might be good to have a system variable that works like
> #version to control a scene's units. That way if two people each create
> a scene then the two scenes will be "compatible" with each other as long
> as people make use of the variable.
>
> Any thoughts?

You can always override any fade_distance to adjust it to your needs.
The values you find for the interiors from glass.inc are only starting
points.
In any given scene, you can need or want otherwise identical materials
to have different fade_distance.
The same hold true for your medias and the fading light_sources.

The only place where it realy make sense, is for the SSLT feature, and
that one already have such a variable.

Alain

Post a reply to this message

> You can always override any fade_distance to adjust it to your needs.
> The values you find for the interiors from glass.inc are only starting
> points.

Yeah, that's the problem I'd like to see solved.

--
http://isometricland.com

Post a reply to this message