POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Master units variable? : Re: Master units variable? Server Time
28 Sep 2024 18:54:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Master units variable?
From: Alain
Date: 14 Jun 2010 18:04:41
Message: <4c16a779@news.povray.org>
Le 2010-06-14 16:25, SharkD a écrit :
> On 6/11/2010 12:43 PM, Alain wrote:
>> You can always override any fade_distance to adjust it to your needs.
>> The values you find for the interiors from glass.inc are only starting
>> points.
>
> Yeah, that's the problem I'd like to see solved.

The real problem is that, in any scene, you may need different
fade_distances for various objects. One object may need fade_distance
0.1, while another one needs fade_distance 10.

You can need a low density media and a very high density one elsewhere.

Two fading light_source in the same scene can need very different
fade_distance as well.

All this precludes a global scaling.

Alain