POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Math help Server Time
29 Jun 2024 01:50:15 EDT (-0400)
  Math help (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: SharkD
Subject: Math help
Date: 11 Sep 2009 23:38:40
Message: <4aab17c0$1@news.povray.org>
The following function transforms a sphere such that it is expanded
logarithmically along the y axis. What I would like to do next is to
expand a sphere based on its distance from the origin instead. Any
ideas? Of course, if the sphere is located a the origin like my example
it will still look like a sphere.

-Mike

#local Temp_fnc1 = function
{
     1 - min(1, sqrt(x*x + y*y + z*z))
}
#local Temp_fnc3 = function
{
     max(0,min(1,Temp_fnc1(x, log(y + 1) / log(2),z)))
}

Post a reply to this message