POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Math help : Re: Math help Server Time
1 Jul 2024 04:44:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Math help
From: SharkD
Date: 12 Sep 2009 22:23:17
Message: <4aac5795$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> You'd need to (a) define the center of the sphere, (b) compute the
> desired radius from the distance to the origin, (c) redefine your
> Temp_fnc1 to take into account a radius, and (e) offset the parameters
> to Temp_fnc1 by the center, as in:

Thanks. I'll try it out tonight or tomorrow.

> I guess this definition for Temp_fnc3 might run into problems though,
> due to POV-Ray's general inability to use vector stuff in functions; you
> may need to define temporary variables for the Center vector components,
> as in:

Yeah, I have trouble with the algebraic functions. I use another
program, called GeoGebra, to test out operations before I do them in
POVray. Unfortunately, this program uses algebraic functions in the
format of f(x) =  2 * x, which can sometimes be hard two convert to
POVray's format of 0 = 2 * x - y.

-Mike