POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : mri data as isosurface? Server Time
1 Jul 2024 06:07:49 EDT (-0400)
  mri data as isosurface? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: [GDS|Entropy]
Subject: mri data as isosurface?
Date: 27 Jan 2009 11:52:36
Message: <497f3bd4$1@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I recall that many years ago, back when isosurfaces were part of the
"isosurface patch", there was a demo image using MRI data I think...

Does anyone remember how to do that, or have that file?

I just had an MRI last night, and I think it would be cool to render my
brain.

ian

Post a reply to this message

>I recall that many years ago, back when isosurfaces were part of the
>"isosurface patch", there was a demo image using MRI data I think...
>
>Does anyone remember how to do that, or have that file?
>
>I just had an MRI last night, and I think it would be cool to render my
>brain.

I don't know how that would have worked with the patch, but the official
isosurface code added the ability to use any pattern in an isosurface
function, so if you can obtain the raw data and convert it to a DF3 file
you can write things like

#declare F=function{ pattern{
      density_file df3 "brain.df3"
      interpolate 1 }
}
isosurface {function { 0.05 - F(x,y,z) }

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure

Post a reply to this message