POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Can we stop the flame wars? Server Time
3 Jul 2024 05:49:08 EDT (-0400)
  Can we stop the flame wars? (Message 1 to 10 of 19)
From: Simon
Subject: Can we stop the flame wars?
Date: 17 Oct 2007 15:47:26
Message: <471666ce@news.povray.org>
This is ridiculous!

I come on the newsgroups after a couple of weeks away to catch up on what's
happening and all I can find is petty bickering.

1. Some of you don't like others - Live with it
2. Some of you are incredibly rude - Personally, I think if you can't take
the time to be polite, I  won't take the time to read your response, but I
stick by point 1 - You've got as much right to post as I do.

The only thing I would point out is that this is supposed to be a community
and new members having threads hijacked for battles is NOT a good way to
make them feel welcome. If we're trying to encourage a place for people to
sit back, share ideas and show off some truly fantastic and innovative
renderings, why scare new members off for a petty argument?

(and if you don't like this post, see point 1 above)

--Simon

Post a reply to this message

> I come on the newsgroups after a couple of weeks away to catch up on what's
> happening and all I can find is petty bickering.
>
> 1. Some of you don't like others - Live with it
> 2. Some of you are incredibly rude - Personally, I think if you can't take
> the time to be polite, I  won't take the time to read your response, but I
> stick by point 1 - You've got as much right to post as I do.
>
> The only thing I would point out is that this is supposed to be a community
> and new members having threads hijacked for battles is NOT a good way to
> make them feel welcome. If we're trying to encourage a place for people to
> sit back, share ideas and show off some truly fantastic and innovative
> renderings, why scare new members off for a petty argument?
>
> (and if you don't like this post, see point 1 above)
>
> --Simon

Awwww, shaddup.  [insert lengthy flame here]

XD

--
Tim Cook
http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-empyrean

Post a reply to this message

"Tim Cook" <z99### [at] bellsouthnet> wrote in message

> Awwww, shaddup.  [insert lengthy flame here]

Q.E.D.

Post a reply to this message

> If we're trying to encourage a place for people to
> sit back, share ideas and show off some truly fantastic and innovative
> renderings, why scare new members off for a petty argument?

Now I feel bad for getting a little peeved at a guy over in p.new-users
:/ Not that it was a terribly hot flame (because it wasn't), but the
tone wasn't too nice.

Sam <tiptoeing away>

Post a reply to this message