POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Can we stop the flame wars? : Can we stop the flame wars? Server Time
5 Jul 2024 14:27:22 EDT (-0400)
  Can we stop the flame wars?
From: Simon
Date: 17 Oct 2007 15:47:26
Message: <471666ce@news.povray.org>
This is ridiculous!

I come on the newsgroups after a couple of weeks away to catch up on what's
happening and all I can find is petty bickering.

1. Some of you don't like others - Live with it
2. Some of you are incredibly rude - Personally, I think if you can't take
the time to be polite, I  won't take the time to read your response, but I
stick by point 1 - You've got as much right to post as I do.

The only thing I would point out is that this is supposed to be a community
and new members having threads hijacked for battles is NOT a good way to
make them feel welcome. If we're trying to encourage a place for people to
sit back, share ideas and show off some truly fantastic and innovative
renderings, why scare new members off for a petty argument?

(and if you don't like this post, see point 1 above)

--Simon