POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Can we stop the flame wars? Server Time
5 Jul 2024 14:53:21 EDT (-0400)
  Can we stop the flame wars? (Message 10 to 19 of 19)
From: Simon
Subject: Re: Can we stop the flame wars?
Date: 18 Oct 2007 03:23:36
Message: <471709f8$1@news.povray.org>
Have a look at "Beta updates" by inhahe, about 4 threads down in p.b-t

"Zeger Knaepen" <zeg### [at] povplacecom> wrote in message
> Could you give a specific example of what you mean?  Because I haven't
> seen any flame-wars on this server, although I don't read every newsgroup
>
> oh, and uhm... Tim Cook was joking, as one should be able to determine by
> his use of a smiley.
>
> cu!
> --
> #macro G(b,e)b+(e-b)*C/50#end#macro _(b,e,k,l)#local C=0;#while(C<50)
> sphere{G(b,e)+3*z.1pigment{rgb G(k,l)}finish{ambient 1}}#local C=C+1;
> #end#end _(y-x,y,x,x+y)_(y,-x-y,x+y,y)_(-x-y,-y,y,y+z)_(-y,y,y+z,x+y)
> _(0x+y.5+y/2x)_(0x-y.5+y/2x)            // ZK http://www.povplace.com

Post a reply to this message

From: Simon
Date: 18 Oct 2007 03:24:53
Message: <47170a45@news.povray.org>
Apologies Tim - Gail's right.

my sarcasm detector failed me.

"Tim Cook" <z99### [at] bellsouthnet> wrote in message
> Simon wrote:
>> This is ridiculous!
>>
>> I come on the newsgroups after a couple of weeks away to catch up on
>> what's happening and all I can find is petty bickering.
>>
>> 1. Some of you don't like others - Live with it
>> 2. Some of you are incredibly rude - Personally, I think if you can't
>> take the time to be polite, I  won't take the time to read your response,
>> but I stick by point 1 - You've got as much right to post as I do.
>>
>> The only thing I would point out is that this is supposed to be a
>> community and new members having threads hijacked for battles is NOT a
>> good way to make them feel welcome. If we're trying to encourage a place
>> for people to sit back, share ideas and show off some truly fantastic and
>> innovative renderings, why scare new members off for a petty argument?
>>
>> (and if you don't like this post, see point 1 above)
>>
>> --Simon
>
> Awwww, shaddup.  [insert lengthy flame here]
>
> XD
>
> --
> Tim Cook
> http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-empyrean

Post a reply to this message

From: Simon
Date: 18 Oct 2007 03:39:10
Message: <47170d9e@news.povray.org>
"Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote in message
> Normally I would suggest you grow a thicker skin, but in this case maybe
> just a skin,... or a membrane,... or something.

Why? as I mentioned - I can live with it. The issue is when new users post
polite, genuine questions and then end up sitting through arguments and
abuse. and why should they have to put up with that crap?

Regards

Simon

Post a reply to this message

> "Zeger Knaepen" <zeg### [at] povplacecom> wrote in message
>> Could you give a specific example of what you mean?  Because I haven't
>> seen any flame-wars on this server, although I don't read every newsgroup

Sorry, make that "Beta Updates" by dkanter - I've only just woken up :)

Post a reply to this message