POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Spatial resolution of transparency calculation? Server Time
5 Jul 2024 15:58:16 EDT (-0400)
  Spatial resolution of transparency calculation? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: tcrass
Subject: Spatial resolution of transparency calculation?
Date: 29 Mar 2007 02:21:05
Message: <460b68e1$1@news.povray.org>
Hi everyone,

the scene below demonstrates a phenomenon I encountered when rendering
multiple (semi-)transparent, partially overlapping discs (and no, it's
not the common max_trace_level thing). It seems that when the distance
between the discs is below a certain (and, at least to me, surprisingly
high) threshold, the remote disc's color doesn't shine through the near
disc. Funny enough, when replacing the remote disc with a cylinder (the
closer cap of which should conicide with the former disc), everything
turns out fine.

So does anyone know how this comes about and how to avoid it
Thanx --

	Torsten

Post a reply to this message