POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : normal interpolation Server Time
8 Jul 2024 19:21:53 EDT (-0400)
  normal interpolation (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Anton Sherwood
Subject: normal interpolation
Date: 6 Sep 2006 11:59:53
Message: <44fef079$1@news.povray.org>
When I define the normals at the corners of a smooth_triangle,
how exactly is the interpolation done -- is it a linear weighted sum of
the corner vectors, or something subtler?  Is each normal vector first
converted to a unit vector?

(Yes, I have a project in mind which could depend on such subtleties.)

--
Anton Sherwood, http://www.ogre.nu/
"How'd ya like to climb this high *without* no mountain?" --Porky Pine

Post a reply to this message