POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My first nomogram : Re: My first nomogram Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:13:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My first nomogram
From: Stephen
Date: 29 Jun 2008 11:31:01
Message: <po9f64lijgdn76co3gli9i136i439j6mm8@4ax.com>
On 29 Jun 2008 10:51:01 -0400, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

>  I wasn't implying that blacklisting someone would affect anyone else
>than what I see.
>
>  What I was implying is that blacklisting someone means that I detest
>everything he writes and don't want to see anything of it. Obviously
>this is not the case. Far from it. Blacklisting someone is a rather
>radical measure.

Well I've never done it myself tho' I've been close to it on occasion.
>> What is extreme about setting up your newsreader so that you don't
see
>> a person's posts, if that is what you meant?
>
>  It might not be extreme to you, but I find it a rather extreme.
>His posts are, in general, enjoyable and I have no reason to censor
>them from myself. Such censorship would make absolutely no sense.
>It would, indeed, be rather extreme and irrational.

It is not the impression I got but since you say so I believe you.

>> Although I'll tell you
>> what I think is extreme and that is, beating someone around the head,
>> metaphorically speaking, until he stops posting content you personally
>> don't like. If you don't like it then don't read it.
>
>  Again, you are implying some kind of extreme. Exactly where did I say,
>imply or hint in any way that I didn't *like* the post which started this
>thread? The only thing did was to say I didn't understand it, nor the
>motivations behind making the post. Sure, many could (and will) interpret
>that as an impolite harsh criticism (and "bullying"), but people will
>always interpret everything in the worst possible way.

My opinion is that his motivation is his own business and I will sift
the dross (sorry Andrew) to find the gems. I just ignore all the
Haskell stuff the same way I, most of the time ignore you and Darren,
when you go on about C and C++ etc. It is of little interest to me as
I can't program for toffee :) But it is of interest to a lot of
people.
It does come across to me that you are down on him more than is good
for both of you. And you are wrong if you think people will always
interpret everything in the worst possible way. At least on this
newsgroup at this period of time.

--

Regards
     Stephen