POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : sphere_sweep : Re: sphere_sweep Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:15:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sphere_sweep
From: Mike Williams
Date: 29 Nov 2005 03:08:06
Message: <pnlZGQAmsAjDFwo0@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Philippe who wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm trying to make a kind of helix around a sphere, using sphere_sweep.
>The result is ok, except some strange effects.

I don't know what causes those artefacts when n is large, but you might
consider making n smaller and using b_spline or cubic_spline
interpolation instead of linear_spline. Don't make n too small or the
path starts to take a short cut and produces a thinner spiral. For
b_spline, n=100 produces reasonable results with smoother results and
four times faster than linear_spline with n=500.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure