POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How can I distort a cube? : Re: How can I distort a cube? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:30:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How can I distort a cube?
From: ABX
Date: 6 Mar 2003 08:42:33
Message: <pmje6vo4kc92to4n64qf5frg2k5lc4lklv@4ax.com>
On Thu, 6 Mar 2003 13:01:32 +0000, kav### [at] delete_thisfocalimagecom (Kaveh)
wrote:
> Suppose I have a perfect cube, which is then distorted. I can define the
> distortion by giving the coordinates of the corners, the midpoints of
> the edges, and the centers of the faces. How can I draw this new shape,
> with smooth faces going through the points?

This can be done with bicubic patches as Micha Riser suggested. But there
are other soultions. For some distortions you can use isosurfaces. Just have
to define function of distortion. It is rather complicated and possible only
for "function expressable" deformations (is this acceptable term?). If you
can define your edges as splines you can use macro to fill area enclosed in
splines - take a look at MMMM macros by Ingo
http://members.home.nl/seedseven/

ABX