POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : ERROR IN ISECT()?---developers lurking? : Re: ERROR IN ISECT()?---developers lurking? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:30:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ERROR IN ISECT()?---developers lurking?
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 14 Feb 2004 04:48:03
Message: <pj41g1-ecf.ln1@triton.imagico.de>
MVSmith wrote:
> OK, mea culpa...Isect is a macro, documented in Help, 7.13.1  shapes.inc,
> which is indeed a wrapper for the trace function.
>
> Spent a little time stripping some code down to a test case, which
> follows at the end of this msg.

This is about as far from a minimal test scene as it can get.  A minimal
scene would look like:

#include "shapes.inc"

#local Object = object { ... }

#local isIntersection = Isect(<point>, -y, Object, intersectPoint);

#debug str(intersectPoint.y,0,6)

> I've also attached three files zipped
> together:

Never post binary attachments to a non-binary group.

Christoph

Last updated 11 Jan. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______