POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Can't Access Certain Commands in Tools : Re: Can't Access Certain Commands in Tools Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:24:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can't Access Certain Commands in Tools
From: Stephen McAvoy
Date: 17 May 2004 03:48:30
Message: <phrga0lokjm04goc8ttk1g4bvkqnsrg8ju@4ax.com>
On Fri, 14 May 2004 15:48:32 EDT, "CFM" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

>OK, so I don't need POVTICK and those other applications?

Correct.

>From my experience, only certain movie players such as Windows Media Player,
>RealOne, and QuickTime are specific to certain movies. Are the MPEGs that
>TMPGEnc generate specific to any one of these movie players, or is it
>general to all of them?

What happens is that Windows associates certain file types with
particular applications. So when you double click a file, that is not
an executable one, Windows uses the executable (EXE) to run it.
Depending upon which version of windows you are using try right
clicking on an image or animation and select "open with". You can then
pick which application you want to run the file with.

Regards
        Stephen