POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : best way to plot 3D density field : best way to plot 3D density field Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:29:58 EDT (-0400)
  best way to plot 3D density field
From: Dr  Paul Fons
Date: 5 Aug 2001 19:00:46
Message: <pfons-0608010800520001@192.168.73.3>
Hi I am a newcomer to povray (just downloaded it and read some of the
documentation).  I was curious as to the best way to plot a three
dimensional set of experimental data (on a mesh).  Is it possible to plot
the data as a fog-like substance or an isosurface?  Are there any examples
out there I could bootstrap from.  If it matters, the data is actually a
wavefunction determined from tem structure factor data.  The idea is to
make beautiful graphics from the data and compare it previously existing
data (and show the improvements).  Thanks for any help you can offer. I
can be found at pau### [at] aistgojp.  Thanks in advance.

Dr. Paul Fons
National Institute for Advanced Industrial Science & Technology
Tsukuba, Japan