POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Increasing RAM consumption during animation render : Re: Increasing RAM consumption during animation render Server Time
1 Jul 2024 05:06:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Increasing RAM consumption during animation render
From: Stephen McAvoy
Date: 12 Feb 2005 06:00:10
Message: <pdor01h19qmhdlhc0bhmstri1adflldg71@4ax.com>
On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 22:44:14 -0700, "CV" <dav### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

>Incidentally, I'm using version 3.5.icl.win32, on Windows XP Pro.

There is your problem. I had the same one, as a work-a-round I wrote
several INI files that rendered subsets of the frames consecutively
and used the file queue to run them. I've not rendered many large
animations in 3.6. I still use 3.5 a lot as Moray is more stable with
it. Using Task Manager the memory usage is a rough saw wave :-)

Regards
        Stephen