POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Another competition? : Re: Another competition? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 12:21:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another competition?
From: Paul Bourke
Date: 2 May 2004 00:22:18
Message: <pdb_NOSPAM-E56A29.14221702052004@news.povray.org>
> >> 3. Create a 3D scene which when rendered from a particular position
> >> forms an
> >>    image that tiles the plane.
> > Whoa!  Sounds tough.  But radical.
> I dont think this is best idea, it is too hard without little pre-
> processing, even AA want work a bit strange around edges

I must admit that while this is an elegant idea, I think it is perhaps
too technical for a lot of people....myself included after trying to
make a good example myself. What I really want to see in these contests
is a good number of entries from a wide range of users.

Also, the idea initially was to create a scene that tiles due to its geometric
nature, it turns out quite easy to do with any scene and a couple of
cleverly positioned mirrors.

--
Paul Bourke
pdb_NOSPAMswin.edu.au