POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : update on galaxy distribution renderings : update on galaxy distribution renderings Server Time
4 Aug 2024 08:23:41 EDT (-0400)
  update on galaxy distribution renderings
From: Paul Bourke
Date: 21 Jun 2003 07:17:36
Message: <pdb_NOSPAM-B33793.21174921062003@netplex.aussie.org>
A few weeks ago I posted a query on how to create surfaces that
had different transparency depending on the camera position/direction.
This was part of some work to visualise galaxy distributions from
a recent survey. As an update here are some resulting renders
   http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/~pbourke/rendering/2dF/
The approach I finally dettled on was the netting look
   http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/~pbourke/rendering/2dF/net.jpg
In case you're wondering, yes this is all done with Povray.
--
Paul Bourke
pdb_NOSPAMswin.edu.au