POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Announcement - POVRay Short Code Contest Open - Round 3 : Re: Announcement - POVRay Short Code Contest Open - Round 3 Server Time
3 Aug 2024 20:15:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Announcement - POVRay Short Code Contest Open - Round 3
From: Paul Bourke
Date: 10 Feb 2004 01:52:52
Message: <pdb_NOSPAM-62E2FA.17525210022004@news.povray.org>
> > Please don't be too strict there, my current WIP takes about 5 hours at
> > 320x240, no aa on an Athlon 1GHz.

You guys are scaring me.

>   Well, I think he has to put some upper limit for practical reasons.
> If each entry would take 24 hours to render (at 800x600 with antialiasing),
> rendering all the entries would take as many days as there are entries... :)

They will be rendered as they are submitted so that might help a bit.
I have also allocated 5 days from the end of contest closure to the
start of the rendering.

I'll think about a limit, one possibility is to say "rendering will
start as soon as the entry is received, it must finish before the
voting starts".
--
Paul Bourke
pdb_NOSPAMswin.edu.au