POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Custom reference point for perspective camera? : Re: Custom reference point for perspective camera? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:21:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Custom reference point for perspective camera?
From: Paul Bourke
Date: 21 Oct 2004 07:51:46
Message: <pdb_NOSPAM-504680.21514721102004@news.povray.org>
> We all know that perspective projection is for projecting on a flat
> surface, and that the perspective reference point is at the center. But
> what if you want to make 'perfect' cross-eyed stereo renderings, like
> me?

I create stereoscopic rendering "all the time" using PovRay,
indeed some of the content is for this
   http://www.vroom.org.au
   http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/~pbourke/stereographics/vroom/
but also for daily visualisation. The basic approach I use
involves image trimming, it is easy to set up a processing
pipline to deal with this. See
   http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/~pbourke/povray/raystereo/

--
Paul Bourke