POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POVRay Fractal Raytracing Competition : Re: POVRay Fractal Raytracing Competition Server Time
3 Aug 2024 14:12:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVRay Fractal Raytracing Competition
From: Paul Bourke
Date: 2 Apr 2004 17:49:51
Message: <pdb_NOSPAM-35A7E0.08495103042004@news.povray.org>
> Wow, nice images. Immediately I want to see them in stereo.

Certainly I have an animation of the DLA image
   http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/~pbourke/fractals/dla3d/
at 1024x768 and in stereo, it is quite stunning. I can send you
a CD if you like with a mono animation of this and other movies
in Quicktime (I have some CD's left over from a talk I gave recently).

> I'm sure you've done that. Are you willing to share some
> POV SDL?

Most of those image examples are created using external programs
that create the geometry, an are therefore mostly inellegible for
this competition :-).
From the top
- fisheye image of 3D sponge, VERY old, actually rendered in Radiance
  but could easily be done in POVRay. Uses radiosity
  http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/~pbourke/fractals/gasket/spongeb.html
  ps: this was done back around 1990.
- DLA, this requires a rather numerically intensive program to
  create the data for POVRay.
- Wada fractals, the povray code is provided on the www page.
- Attractor, this is easy to create in POVRay and has been the
  discussion of many posts to the various povray news groups
  after I entered it in the SSC3
- Quaternion, easy in POVRay since it is one of the primitives
  provided.
- Applonian fractal, again requires a rather tricky piece of
  code external to POVRay to create the sphere positions.
--
Paul Bourke
pdb_NOSPAMswin.edu.au