POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : vrml2 to pov converter : Re: vrml2 to pov converter Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:14:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: vrml2 to pov converter
From: Paul Bourke
Date: 15 Dec 2005 03:55:46
Message: <pdbNOSPAM-B8F14A.19554415122005@news.povray.org>
> Despite the name VRML 1 and 2 (aka 97) are not really a logical progression
> of development. VRML 2 is not a superset of VRML 1 features. I could
> probably get a VRML 1 scene converted if you just need one or two by asking
> someone who might still have an application that can read VRML 1 and output
> VRML 2, if that is enough. I can also ask around if the same people have a
> converter application that certainly existed at some long time ago.

Any of these options are worth progressing, at the moment I'm facing writing
one from scratch .... the most painful (time comsuming) part seems to be the
maintanance of the matrix transformation stack (push and pop required). If
it would help I can put the file online but be warned it is rather large.

--
Paul Bourke
pdb(NOSPAM)swin.edu.au