POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Povray writes wrong PNG image size info to partially rendered images : Re: Povray writes wrong PNG image size info to partially rendered images Server Time
4 Aug 2024 22:10:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray writes wrong PNG image size info to partially rendered images
From: Paul Bourke
Date: 2 Apr 2003 06:49:08
Message: <pbourke-E6EBB9.21471102042003@netplex.aussie.org>
> Partial images are there to continue a trace, not more, not less.  If you
> want to get a partial render of an image, specify it as such on the
> command-line.  The continue trace feature should simply not be used for
> this.

Actually I never do a partial render....what I was actually
replying to was the case where I select a subset range of
columns or rows, on the command line or in an ini file. The
resulting tga file will have the dimensions in the header of
the full size image and not the subset image. Surely this
is an incorrectly written image.

Having said this (which has certainly been the case for a
long time), I better check that it hasn't been fixed in the
current release.
--
Paul Bourke
pbo### [at] swineduau