POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mech Models : Re: Mech Models Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:16:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mech Models
From: Tail Kinker
Date: 19 Jun 2006 22:50:35
Message: <pan.2006.06.20.02.53.44.958861@yahoo.co.uk>
On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 14:50:13 +0200, Nekar wrote:

> "POVMAN" <s### [at] acom> wrote in message news:449675b3$1@news.povray.org...
>>> I still want to do a Maccross-Valkyrie type mech aome time. But
>>> unfortunately it will be quite some time before I get around to it.
>>
>> Is the Valkyrie one of the "VJ" models?  I ask because I have a mostly
>> done ( and a bit stumpy looking ) VJ model around somewhere...
>>

> I think  the term Valkyrie is actually from Robotech. It's an aircraft that
> transforms into a mech. Are you interested? It's not stumpie, it'll be
> curved, much like an F15.

The Valkyrie is actually a touch stumpy.  It's based on the F-14 Tomcat,
redesigned to allow it to reconfigure.  The term 'Valkyrie' is from
Macross;  in Robotech, the same mecha is referred to as a 'Veritech
Fighter', though there is one time that the translators slipped and called
it a Valkyrie.

http://www.kent.net/robotech/mecha/rdf/vf-1j-battloid.gif
http://homepage.mac.com/bgillis/macross_web/images/banner.jpg
http://www.mahq.net/mecha/macross/sdfmacross/vf-1a-gerwalk.jpg