POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray Links Reorg : Re: POV-Ray Links Reorg Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:23:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray Links Reorg
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 17 May 2006 12:37:01
Message: <pan.2006.05.17.16.35.27.234904@nospam.com>
On Thu, 18 May 2006 02:16:31 +1000, Chris Cason wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> [quoted text muted]
>
> I'm open to the idea of setting one up, provided editing is only open to
> selected users (at least initially).

With mediawiki, you can require a user be authenticated prior to editing
(that's how I use it); you can also disable the ability for users to
self-register - someone who holds "sysop" or "bureaucrat" status would be
able to create the accounts.

I know others (Twiki is one, I think - though I have no personal
experience with setting that one up - just as a user) can do more granular
rights management, not just for writing, but also access to read certain
sections.  We use both Mediawiki and Twiki internally at work.

I'd be happy to help out in any way I can, time permitting (of course).

Jim