POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray Links Reorg : Re: Why so much stress? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:16:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why so much stress?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 14 May 2006 00:31:03
Message: <pan.2006.05.14.04.29.42.91914@nospam.com>
On Sun, 14 May 2006 02:04:12 +0200, Sven Littkowski wrote:

> Remember, guys, you can automate the tests.

It is already.  As Thorsten indicated, there is a system in place - what
we're doing (in part) is validating the invalidity of those links and
tracking down replacements where they exist.  That's not particularly
automatable.

I also have run automated tests using ht://check (I originally suggested
this when the discussion came up before and was told this sort of thing
was being done on an automated basis) on various sites (though not the
pov-ray site, since it's not needed).

It's not stressful, believe me - I volunteered to help out; if it was
causing me stress, I wouldn't volunteer for it.  Tracking down valid links
for the things that are currently broken has proved to be an interesting
experience - I've learned a lot about things that are out there that I was
unaware of before.

Jim