POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Copyright question : Re: Copyright question Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:22:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Copyright question
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 6 Jan 2006 13:16:36
Message: <pan.2006.01.06.18.15.35.316573@nospam.com>
On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 12:25:48 -0500, Alain wrote:

> My opinion would be to mention the inspirational source and tell that you
> have NO intention to chalenge any copyright or intelectual property.

You may have to be careful with how you do this, though - the estate of
John Cage successfully sued another musician who published a shortened
version of 4:33 (which was a song comprised of all silence or ambient
noise) and credited Cage and the musician in question.  If he hadn't
provided credit to Cage, he probably wouldn't have been sued.

Food for thought...

Jim