POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : oddity in media.cpp : Re: oddity in media.cpp Server Time
4 Jul 2024 12:35:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: oddity in media.cpp
From: Andrew Clinton
Date: 18 Oct 2004 09:45:25
Message: <pan.2004.10.18.13.45.10.437240@uwaterloo.ca>
> In article <ckvtr0$27j$1@chho.imagico.de> , Christoph Hormann
> <chr### [at] gmxde>  wrote:
>
>> So it would
>> probably be a better idea to keep such a discussion focussed more on
>> requirements than on actual design
>
> Exactly.

So, when discussions begin for POV-Ray 4.0, will the Team provide an open
forum for user suggestions?  My vote is for "povray.wishlist".  As a
programmer, I'm also wondering how you really keep "requirements" and
"design" seperate.  A discussion of requirements necessitates some degree
of discussion of feasibility, and after this, the implications to how the
system will be designed.  Unless the team operates as a black box
(input: requirements, output: povray 4.0), then there should be
discussions (perhaps in povray.programming) to discover the implications
of the requirements.  If the team does operate as a black box, then I
think it is a shame, because it seems there are people outside the team
who have skills and motivation to contribute to this aspect of the project.