POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : oddity in media.cpp : Re: oddity in media.cpp Server Time
30 Jun 2024 12:03:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: oddity in media.cpp
From: Andrew Clinton
Date: 17 Oct 2004 15:40:53
Message: <pan.2004.10.17.20.40.52.450786@uwaterloo.ca>
> Well, all this is no news at all! - Obviously there is a reason why
> POV-Ray 4.0 is going to be a rewrite... :-)
>
>     Thorsten

True :) But it has been no less than 2 or 3 years since the POV-Team has
announced the plan for a full rewrite.  During that time, I have only seen
2 really good discussions of potential design considerations for the new
version of POV-Ray, each around 2 years ago, with some strong resistance
to new ideas from many members of the POV-Team (Yes, I have been
intermittently following the groups for that long!).

I am hoping that when the time comes for the rewrite, the POV-Team will
open up discussions to the greater community so that we (perhaps me as
well) could also provide some input.  This might give me a greater
confidence that this mythical rewrite actually is going to come to pass
:-)

Andrew