POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : help/queston about df3 media : Re: help/queston about df3 media Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:14:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: help/queston about df3 media
From: Andrew Clinton
Date: 5 Oct 2004 00:11:59
Message: <pan.2004.10.05.05.09.12.219757@uwaterloo.ca>
On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 23:44:31 -0400, Paul Bourke wrote:

>> Why don't you use one media container with a repetitive
>> media pattern?  You can use the repeat warp or functions for that.
>> Christoph
>
>> You may be right that warp or functions would solve his particular case.
>> Andrew
>
> Andrew, Christoph.....care to enlighten me on how to do this, it wasn't
> immediately obvious how to use warp with an interior media. Otherwise I
> guess it's time to hit the manual.

In the density {} block try putting warp { repeat x } or something like
that.  As long as your container is large enough, it should repeat the
pattern along the x axis.  It won't repeat along all axes though.  In
fact, it seems you can use any pattern modifier on the density.  It's
seems to be treated just like a pigment internally.

Andrew