POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : REQ: jack coaster scene files! (an OLD one) : Re: REQ: jack coaster scene files! (an OLD one) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:19:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: REQ: jack coaster scene files! (an OLD one)
From: Michael (Micksa) Slade
Date: 3 Oct 2004 18:14:51
Message: <pan.2004.10.03.22.12.14.697870@knobbits.org>
On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 12:18:54 -0700, Samuel Benge wrote:

> Michael (Micksa) Slade wrote:
>
>> Around 1993 PC Format magazine put (most of) the file for this scene on their
>> magazine's cover disk, along with povray v1.
>>
>> It was this issue that introduced me to povray, as well as their mag :)
>>
>> The scene was by the immortal Mike Miller.  it was of a jack-in-the-box with
>> wheels on a roller coaster.
>>
>> I have all the files from all the mag disks I ever got with PC Format, but I
>> bluddy don't have this :/
>>
>> It was issue 19 or so, I think.
>>
>> Anyone have it, perchance?
>>
>> Mick.
>
> I have a book by the name of "Ray Tracing Creations." The disk which
> comes with the book has "over 100 scene files." In the back of the book
> is a picture of the Jack Coaster scene you speak of.
>
> Now, there is a good chance the file is on the disk. There's one problem
> though: I would have to run the install program to find out if the file
> is in there. It won't install for some reason. I can send you the whole
> install file if you want, and maybe you can make it work.

Got the file... No, not there.  Just an old version of povray with its
samples, and some tutorial-style examples.

Thanks for the effort anyway. For what it's worth, I can extract the files
with lha.

Anyone else have the scene I'm talking about, perchance?

Mick.

--
My email address is "micksa@", not "micksa-news@".
VOTE [1] CAPITAL PUNISHMENT FOR SPAMMERS