POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mirrored texture? : Re: Mirrored texture? Final Result! Server Time
8 Sep 2024 23:56:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mirrored texture? Final Result!
From: Tyler Eaves
Date: 3 Jul 2004 23:04:19
Message: <pan.2004.07.04.03.05.31.580543@gmail.com>
I'm super pleased with what I've come up with your help.

http://tyler.ml1.net/guitar.png

Here's the actual texture statement.

It's a triple texture, and actually done more or less it's done in real
life. The base layer is the actual wood (simularting flamed maple). Next
layer is a clear-coat finish to give it color, and then a 'burst' layer on
top that is usually referred to as an 'ocean burst'. This paint makes
this thing look killer. I'm also really pleased by how real it's looking.

 #declare top_wood = texture{
  pigment{P_WoodGrain12A color_map{M_Wood9A} scale 2.5 rotate <0,15,0>
  warp{repeat x*6.5 offset y*.25 flip <0,0,1>}

  finish{specular 1 reflection .1}
}
texture{pigment{rgbf <0,1,.1,1>}}
texture{pigment{spherical color_map{