POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mirrored texture? : Mirrored texture? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:16:07 EDT (-0400)
  Mirrored texture?
From: Tyler Eaves
Date: 3 Jul 2004 19:14:36
Message: <pan.2004.07.03.23.15.47.998316@gmail.com>
How can I mirror a texture across an axis?

Here's what I'm trying to do. I'm modeling a guitar, and a common
woodworking technique used on guitars is called 'bookmatching'. This is
used on the top of the body for aestetic reasons. Basically you take a
block of wood, say, 8" wide x 15" long x 0.5" thick. Cut it down the
middle so you now have 2 8x15x0.25 peices. Now you lay the two peices side
by side with two matching edges at the middle. The result is that many of
the features of the grain are 'mirrored' across the middle of the body. I
could probably get a good result by mirroring the texture, and then
applying a small translation or rotation so they don't match EXACTLY.
Anyone have an idea as to how to go about this?

http://www.prsguitars.com/showcase/current/513rose.html