POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Faked Motion Blur Question : Faked Motion Blur Question Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:18:02 EDT (-0400)
  Faked Motion Blur Question
From: Tim Soderstrom
Date: 27 Jun 2004 23:13:29
Message: <pan.2004.06.28.03.13.57.78547@stic.net>
After taking a long hiatus from Pov (too long if you ask me :) I have
started actively creating scene for it again. My latest scene is one I am
proud of involving a simple scene of a bowling ball about ready to strike
pins. It looks quite nice, if I do say so myself :) but one problem I am
having is that I can't get the motion blur right.

My idea was to create a bunch of bowling balls adjusting the transparency
as it is blurred. This was my first use of a macro ever (Good Lord those
things are powerful!) and it worked...okay...but the biggest problems I
was having was that the blur didn't look believable. This, of course,
could be fixed by tuning my while loop.

What can't be fixed, however, is that as you turn the ball transparent you
can see the hollow holes I made using a difference and some cylinders. So
my question, in a long winded nutshell, is how do I make the ball appear
whole as it gets more and more transparent?

Cheers,

Tim