POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How would I do this? : How would I do this? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 08:11:26 EDT (-0400)
  How would I do this?
From: Tyler Eaves
Date: 23 Mar 2004 21:27:01
Message: <pan.2004.03.24.02.28.58.85161@NOSPAMml1.net>
Okay, I've got a vector math question for those of you who are good with
that kinda stuff.....

Here's the setup. Imagine a spline describing a 3D curve with undulations,
rather like, say, a roller coaster track. (Indeed, that is exactly what I
intend to do with it.) I want to be able to translate a point relative to
the origin 'along' the spline, so that basically the Z-axis at the origin
would point along the tangent of the spine at the point. Now the tricky
part. I want to *twist* the spline, with a another 1d spline that
represents the twist in degrees at any given point.