POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : pigment_pattern vs. "regular" pattern : pigment_pattern vs. "regular" pattern Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:27:41 EDT (-0400)
  pigment_pattern vs. "regular" pattern
From: Steely
Date: 2 Jan 2004 14:56:25
Message: <pan.2004.01.02.20.01.48.470379@hamburg.de>
A happy new year to all!

I am trying to figure out what "special" things are possible with a
pigment_pattern but I don't get it. Whatever I do, when compared with the
corresponding "regular" pattern there is no difference to see.

Taking for example a snip out of the Docs:
pigment {
pigment_pattern {
checker [and so on ...]

instead of:
pigment {
checker [and so on ...]

has no visible differences in the pictures (except the colours, of
course).

Do I expect too much from this feature? Or is there some "magic thing" for
working with it, and I didn't found it?

TIA

Rm