POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Problems intersecting a transparent sphere and a box with an image : Re: Problems intersecting a transparent sphere and a box with an image Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:27:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problems intersecting a transparent sphere and a box with an image
From: Laurent Duperval
Date: 24 Dec 2003 20:53:18
Message: <pan.2003.12.25.01.53.16.836283@videotron.ca>
On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 20:22:27 +0000, Mike Williams wrote:
> Instead of a simple intersection, I think you want something like this:
>
> #declare alekoBall = union {
>   object {redBall}
>   intersection {
>     object{alekoFrame}
>     object {redBall}
>   }
>   }
> }

Hey, yeah! This looks much better!

>>- My picture appears speckled. I'm not sure what that's all about. By
>>speckled, I mean that it looks like a bunch of random pixels have been
>>removed from the picture.
>
> Try adding "interpolate 2"
>
>         pigment{
>             image_map{
>                 png "aleko.png"
>                 interpolate 2
>             }
>             translate <-0.5,-0.5,0>
>             scale 2
>         }
>         }

Nope, I still see the speckles. At one point, I had used something like
this (grabbed from another message):
box{0,<1,1,.1>
        texture{
                pigment{
                        image_map{
                                jpeg "man2_template.jpg"
                                //[IMAGE_MAP_MODS...]
                                }
                                }
                                }
                finish{diffuse 0 ambient 1}}
    scale 100
    translate <-50,-50,250>+265*z
}
}

and it didn't have this problem. THe problem started showing up when I
made my image much smaller (I guess). Is that what it is? My image is
682x403.

> I'm not sure what sort of look you're aiming for, but it might be worth
> trying some of the glass finishes and interiors from glass.inc

Yep, that's what I was after! Thanks!

<Laurent Duperval> ldu### [at] videotronca

Anger is a condition in which the tongue works faster than
the mind.
   --- Anon