POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Newbie wants a Christmas card! : Re: Newbie wants a Christmas card! Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:24:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Newbie wants a Christmas card!
From: Laurent Duperval
Date: 23 Dec 2003 23:08:29
Message: <pan.2003.12.24.04.08.26.943755@videotron.ca>
On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 23:27:47 +0000, Stephen McAvoy wrote:
> For speed I sent a zipped file to povray.binaries.scene-files with a xmas
> ball made in Moray and using an image map.

Well, I tried what I wanted to do using the image of the face but, err,
let's just say I'm not supposed to look *that* fat. So I guess that's not
the effect I want. Thinking about it, how can I declare a ... square
object, I guess, which includes my image in it, as the texture. But I want
the image to shrink and grow along with the square. Then, I would use the
ball definition, make it transparent and only show the intersection of my
image with the ball. So in effect, it would look like the ball is made of
coloured transparent glass and the picture is encased in it.

I'm trying some stuff but I'm not getting the results I want. I'll post a
different message to troubleshoot.

After that, I'm thinking of making the balls move a bit so it looks like
the wind is blowing or something.

Sigh, so many ideas, so little talent and so little time. :-)

Thanks,

<Laurent Duperval> ldu### [at] videotronca

"No one will deny that Sony is a world-class hardware company, and no one
would deny that Microsoft is a world-class software company.  Nintendo
aspires to be neither one of those things."
           -Peter Main, a Nintendo marketing executive